On the 8th of February 2011, Greg received news that changed his life forever. His son Nicolis had contracted an aggressive form of bacterial meningitis; within five hours of feeling unwell he was past the point of recovery and tragically died three days later. You can read Greg's story here.
Determined to prevent such a tragedy from occurring to others, Greg worked with The Immunization Partnership and The J.A.M.I.E. Group to make the Jamie Schanbaum/Nicolis Williams Act law in Texas in 2011. This law requires new college students to get vaccinated against the disease, protecting a group who are at a greater risk of contracting meningitis and other infections caused by bacteria that can lead to the disease.
A few years later, Greg set up the Nico Williams Foundation in Texas (USA) to honour the memory of his son.
Greg holding a portrait of his son, Nicolis